Speeding Ticket Attorney in Phoenix
Fighting Your Speeding Ticket in AZ
If you have been issued a speeding ticket in Phoenix, you may be wondering what your options are. Speeding is a traffic offense that can lead to fines and points on your driver's license. However, you may be able to avoid these penalties if you choose the right traffic attorney.
At Knowles Law Firm, PLC, we provide Phoenix residents with skilled representation in traffic court. We can help you fight your speeding ticket and get your penalties reduced or eliminated.
Arizona Speeding Laws
Arizona sets specific speed limits for different types of roads. These limits can vary from 15 to 75 mph, depending on the location. Speed limits are typically posted on signs along the road.
Arizona follows an "absolute" speed limit law, which means that exceeding the speed limit is illegal regardless of the prevailing conditions, unless otherwise specified. This means that even if you are driving safely and not impeding traffic, you can still be ticketed for exceeding the speed limit.
Speeding violations in Arizona are considered civil traffic violations rather than criminal offenses. This means that you will not receive a criminal record for a simple speeding ticket.
Criminal Speeding Tickets in Arizona
In Arizona, criminal speeding refers to the offense of driving a motor vehicle at an excessive speed that goes beyond a certain threshold defined by state law. Unlike a simple speeding violation, criminal speeding is considered a criminal offense rather than a civil traffic violation. It involves driving at a speed that significantly exceeds the posted speed limit or driving at a speed that is considered dangerous under the circumstances.
Here are several examples of criminal speeding:
- Driving over 20 mph above the posted speed limit
- Driving over 35 mph in a school zone
- Driving over 85 mph on freeways and highways
Criminal speeding is a Class 3 misdemeanor, punishable by up to 30 days in jail, a fine of up to $500, and possible suspension of your driver's license.
How Our Firm Can Help
Hiring our Phoenix speeding ticket lawyer to fight a speeding ticket can have several benefits. No matter how fast you were going, we are here to help you get the most favorable outcome in your case.
Here are some of the potential advantages:
- Strong defense strategy: Our team can analyze the circumstances surrounding your speeding ticket and develop a defense strategy tailored to your case. We may challenge the accuracy of speed measurement devices, question the validity of the traffic stop, or present evidence that supports your innocence.
- Time and convenience: Dealing with a speeding ticket can be time-consuming and stressful, especially if you are unfamiliar with the legal system. With our firm by your side, you can offload the legal tasks to them, saving you time and effort. We can handle paperwork, court appearances, and communication with the relevant parties on your behalf.
- Protection of your rights: We will ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process. We can advise you on what to say or not say when interacting with law enforcement or the court, ensuring that you do not inadvertently incriminate yourself.
- Reduced penalties: Our team can work to minimize the penalties associated with a speeding ticket. We may negotiate with the prosecutor or argue your case in court, aiming for reduced fines, points on your driving record, or even the possibility of dismissing the ticket altogether.
- Potential for ticket dismissal: Depending on the circumstances, our lawyer may be able to identify procedural errors or violations of your rights that could lead to the dismissal of your speeding ticket. This outcome would mean avoiding fines, points on your driving record, and potential increases in insurance premiums.
Phoenix speeding ticket lawyers at Knowles Law Firm, PLC offer award-winning legal counsel and consultations! Call (602) 702-5431 today.
“We owe you Knowles. They are Arizona's top DUI attorneys.” - Thomas Mello
“Very professional, friendly and knowledgeable, ready to answer any questions and were just a helping hand during harsh times.” - Former Client
“Right away they found an error made by the prosecution and were able to get a significantly better plea offer.” - Former Client