Criminal Damage Attorney Phoenix
What is Criminal Damage?
If you are charged with criminal damage, it means that you have allegedly done at least one of the following:
- Recklessly defaced or damaged another's property
- Recklessly tampered with another's property (causing significant damage to function or value)
- Inscribed any sign or symbol on a public or private building without permission (graffiti)
The above are the most common causes of a criminal damage charge, though there are others. These types of crimes can be charged as a felony or misdemeanor, depending upon the dollar amount of the damage caused.
If you or someone you know has been charged with either felony or misdemeanor criminal damage, it is very important that you contact an experienced criminal damage lawyer. You could be forced to spend time in jail and you could also be facing steep fines if you are convicted.
Criminal Damage Imprisonment in Phoenix
- $10,000+ worth of damage - Class 4 Felony - up to 3.75 years in prison.
- $2,000 - $10,000 worth of damage - Class 5 Felony - up to 2.5 years in prison.
- $1,000 - $2,000 worth of damage - Class 6 Felony - up to 2 years in prison.
- $250 - $1,000 worth of damage - Class 1 Misdemeanor - Up to six months in jail.
- Less than $250 - Class 2 Misdemeanor - Up to four months in jail.
You could face the maximum punishment and maximum imprisonment if you have a previous criminal record or if the charges are termed "aggravated." It is in your best interests to speak immediately with a Phoenix criminal damage lawyer who has experience handling criminal damage cases successfully.
The legal team at Knowles Law Firm, PLC is highly knowledgeable in many areas of criminal law. Your attorney will work tirelessly to help you achieve the outcome that you desire. Call us today at (602) 702-5431!
“We owe you Knowles. They are Arizona's top DUI attorneys.” - Thomas Mello
“Very professional, friendly and knowledgeable, ready to answer any questions and were just a helping hand during harsh times.” - Former Client
“Right away they found an error made by the prosecution and were able to get a significantly better plea offer.” - Former Client