Phoenix Indecent Exposure Attorney
Experienced Defense Against Indecent Exposure Charges in Arizona
When you find yourself facing indecent exposure charges, you need an experienced legal advocate to help protect your rights and your future. At Knowles Law Firm, PLC, our Phoenix indecent exposure lawyers are here to provide the legal representation you need. With a deep understanding of Arizona's laws and the complexities surrounding indecent exposure cases, we will fight vigorously to safeguard your rights and secure the best possible outcome.
Call Knowles Law Firm, PLC today at (602) 702-5431 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our indecent exposure lawyer in Phoenix.
What is Indecent Exposure?
Indecent exposure is considered a criminal offense involving intentionally exposing one's genitals, buttocks, or female breasts in a manner likely to offend or affront others. In the state of Arizona, this offense is addressed under A.R.S. § 13-1402, and it encompasses a broad range of behaviors. Whether it's public urination, public sexual acts, or intentionally exposing oneself in a lewd manner, these actions can result in indecent exposure charges.
Indecent exposure laws aim to maintain public decency and protect individuals, particularly minors, from inappropriate exposure to explicit sexual conduct. These laws aim to prevent any form of public disturbance or discomfort caused by indecent behavior.
What are the Penalties for Indecent Exposure in Arizona?
The penalties for indecent exposure in Arizona can be very severe and have a lasting effect on your life. The consequences may differ depending on the circumstances of your case, your prior criminal history, and other factors. However, indecent exposure is generally considered a class 1 misdemeanor in Arizona.
- Criminal Record: A conviction for indecent exposure can result in a mark on your criminal record, affecting your employment prospects and other aspects of your life.
- Fines: You may be required to pay fines, which can vary from hundreds to even thousands of dollars.
- Probation: In some cases, the court may sentence you to probation, which can come with mandatory counseling or treatment programs.
- Jail Time: You could face a jail sentence of up to six months, which can disrupt your personal and professional life.
- Sex Offender Registration: In certain situations, you may be required to register as a sex offender, leading to significant personal and social consequences.
Defenses Against Indecent Exposure Charges
Some common defenses against indecent exposure charges may include:
- Lack of Intent: If you can prove that your actions were not intentional or that you were not aware of your exposure, this can be a valid defense.
- False Accusations: In some instances, individuals may be wrongly accused due to mistaken identity or false reports. We can work diligently to uncover the truth and protect your rights.
- Lack of Evidence: The prosecution must be able to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If there is insufficient evidence to support their case, we will challenge their claims and seek to have the charges dropped.
- First Amendment Rights: If your actions were a form of protected speech or expression, they may be protected under the First Amendment. We can explore whether this defense applies to your case.
- Statute of Limitations: In some instances, charges may be brought after the statute of limitations has expired. We can investigate the timeline of your case to determine if this defense is applicable.
Contact Our Phoenix Indecent Exposure Lawyer Today
At Knowles Law Firm, PLC, our Phoenix indecent exposure attorneys are committed to protecting your rights, challenging the charges against you, and securing the best possible outcome for your case. We understand the complexities of indecent exposure cases and the far-reaching consequences they can have on your life. Your future is at stake, and we are here to fight for your rights.
Contact Knowles Law Firm, PLC today to get started with our Phoenix indecent exposure attorney.
“We owe you Knowles. They are Arizona's top DUI attorneys.” - Thomas Mello
“Very professional, friendly and knowledgeable, ready to answer any questions and were just a helping hand during harsh times.” - Former Client
“Right away they found an error made by the prosecution and were able to get a significantly better plea offer.” - Former Client